Benefits of Dental Implants – Longview, TX
The Superior Choice for Tooth Replacement
At Longview Dental Center, we want our patients to feel confident in their decision to pursue dental implants. As the superior choice for tooth replacement, they offer far more than other, more traditional options. From increased functionality to a longer-lasting restoration, patients will discover the benefits of dental implants far exceed those that require regular dental visits for relining, adjusting, and replacement. If you’re ready to learn more about this truly unique, restorative method of treatment, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
Traditional Tooth Replacement Solutions
While dental implants offer greater stability and the ability to restore your natural tooth’s structure from the root up, you may prefer to avoid a surgical procedure to replace your missing teeth. If so, there are a few solutions you can choose from:
Using your natural teeth on either side of the gap as anchors, we will file these down to ensure your custom bridge fits properly over these teeth. Your bridge will consist of three or more fused dental crowns. While the exterior crowns will fit on top of your natural teeth, the interior crowns will rest on top of your gums to recreate what appears to be a complete smile.
If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, you can opt for traditional dentures, which uses your natural suction to hold them in place. Your restoration will be crafted from a gum-colored, acrylic base and fit on top of your gums. Most patients who are denture-wearers use a dental adhesive for added security.
Benefits of Dental Implants
It is likely that during the consultation, your dentist will go over the following benefits. This information is designed to help you decide whether dental implants are right for you.
- Improved oral health: No other restorative solution mimics your natural tooth, nor do they replace the entire structure from the root up. This method of treatment allows for improved oral health because the jawbone continues to be stimulated by the titanium post that acts just like a tooth root.
- Longevity: Dental implants are designed to last decades, if not a lifetime. While the restoration (i.e. crown, bridge, denture) will need to be replaced over time, the implant itself should never need replacing.
- Easy to maintain: There are no additional products or instruments needed to keep your dental implants clean. Instead, you can simply continue to brush, floss, and rinse as usual.
- Greater functionality: If you want to speak, chew, and eat without worrying about your restorations, dental implants give you that freedom. You’ll never need to worry about your implants slipping or accidentally falling out while among friends and family.
- Improved appearance: While dental implants are not created to solely improve your aesthetics, it’s a fact that they do. Not only does your oral health improve, but you’ll begin to feel much better about your appearance, allowing you to exude the confidence you need.