Longview Porcelain Veneers
Straight, white, flawless smiles are something only very few people are lucky enough to be born with. At the Longview Dental Center, we can create picture-perfect smiles without patients needing to spend weeks, months, or even years on more advanced treatments. Porcelain veneers give our team the ability to quickly and effectively perfect a smile with numerous flaws, leaving patients with a smile they’ll be proud to share in any situation. If you want to learn more about porcelain veneers or any of other dental care options, please call to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation in our Longview dental office. We partner with patients to create a personalized cosmetic dental plan to deliver flawless smiles within their schedules and budgets.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin sheaths of porcelain that affix to the front surfaces of teeth to correct and conceal any number cosmetic flaws. These veneers are very thin, and once in place, they will look and feel just like your healthy, natural smile. Crafted from the highest quality, stain resistant materials, porcelain veneers keep patients’ smiles looking perfect for years to come.
Who Should Consider Veneers?
There is no such thing as one size fits all when it comes to dental care, and we will discuss all of your treatment options to help you determine whether or not veneers are the best option to create your flawless smile. Porcelain veneers are a fast, effective solution to correct a number of cosmetic flaws, including:
- To brighten teeth when traditional whitening is ineffective
- To conceal numerous chips and cracks in teeth, creating perfect smiles
- To close the gaps in smiles with large spaces between teeth
- To strengthen teeth following extensive enamel wear
- To correct the appearance of irregularly shaped or positioned teeth
How are Veneers Placed?
Porcelain veneers are placed over the course of two treatment visits to our office. During your first appointment, we need to prepare your teeth by removing a layer of tooth enamel. This allows the veneer to fit into your natural smile line. Once teeth are prepared, we capture impressions of your bite that are used by the lab to craft your porcelain veneers. To allow you to get used to the look and feel of your new smile and protect the prepared teeth, we place temporary veneers. Once we receive the final product from our dental lab, you’ll return for the second treatment visit. During this shorter appointment, we will remove your temporaries and exchange them for the flawless, custom porcelain veneers.
Should I Change my Oral Hygiene Routine?
Porcelain veneers typically need to be replaced every five to ten years. To maximize the lifespan of your veneers, there are a few changes you can make to your habits and daily routine, including:
- Use a softer toothbrush and less abrasive toothpaste
- Use a waxed floss or an air or water flosser to avoid pulling the edges of the veneer
- Avoid chewing fingernails, ice, and other hard objects
- Don’t use teeth as tools to open packages or crack nuts
- Use a mouthguard during athletic events or to protect from teeth grinding