Veneers – Longview, TX
Say Goodbye to Stains, Chips, Gaps, and More!
Very few people are born with flawless teeth. Even your favorite actors and musicians aren’t exempt from tooth discoloration, crooked teeth, cracks, and other imperfections. Many of them have attained their award-winning smiles thanks to a cosmetic dentistry treatment called veneers. Luckily, you don’t need to be a Hollywood star to benefit from veneers! At Longview Dental Center, we can use veneers to completely transform your smile, making all sorts of cosmetic flaws disappear with a single treatment. Read on to learn more about veneers in Longview, TX, and when you’re ready, contact us to start the process!
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped sheaths of porcelain that we affix to the front surfaces of teeth to conceal any number of aesthetic flaws – all at the same time. An incredibly versatile treatment, we can use veneers in order to:
- Brighten stained or discolored teeth when traditional whitening is ineffective
- Conceal numerous chips and cracks in teeth, creating perfect smiles
- Close minor yet noticeable gaps between teeth
- Strengthen teeth that have been worn-down over the years
- Give slightly crooked teeth the appearance of being perfectly aligned
Because veneers are extremely thin and each one is custom-made, they will look and feel just like your healthy, natural teeth after being placed. They’re also durable and stain-resistant, providing results that can last for a decade or longer.
The Process of Getting Veneers
The veneers process is relatively short, only requiring two appointments at our office. During the first of these visits, Dr. George Stoddard will remove an extremely thin layer of enamel from the teeth that are being treated. This allows the veneer to fit into your natural smile line. Once teeth are prepared, we capture impressions of your bite that the dental lab uses to craft your veneers. Then, we place temporary veneers over your teeth to not only protect them in the meantime, but also to let you take your new smile for a test drive.
You’ll return for your second appointment once we receive the final product from our dental lab. This should only be a few weeks later. During this shorter appointment, we will remove your temporaries and exchange them for your flawless, custom veneers.
The Benefits of Veneers
Any cosmetic dentist in Longview can tell you that veneers are one of the most popular treatments, and for good reason. Our patients love veneers for several reasons, including:
- Seamless results that blend in with your natural smile
- Multiple cosmetic flaws can be fixed in just one treatment
- Only two appointments required
- Less tooth enamel must be modified than for dental crowns
- Results that can last for an average of 10 to 15 years with basic maintenance